Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Golf Card Fore Uncle Huey


It seems like most stamping bloggers have 1000s of stamp sets. If you need a card for your great aunt LuLu's frisbee championship, they've got the stamps to make it. I don't. I don't buy tons of stamps, because I like to buy more accessories. I try to buy very versatile sets and am always thinking of new ways to use old stuff. The card at left is a perfect example of using something you have in a new way.
My Uncle Huey has been golfing for about a year. He entered a golf tournament of about 50 people and he won first place. He won a big trophy and we are all really proud of him, so I wanted to send him a congrats card. Now, I don't have any masculine sets and certainly not any golf sets. After brainstorming for a while I decided to make a argyle background and use a circle punch as a golf ball. The card base is certainly celery. I stamped the looks like spring background diamonds in certainly celery and stamped the dotted diamond background in bashful blue on top of that. My friend Kathryn(redfirekat on SCS) sent me some samples of paper she embossed with her cuttlebug. I used a white piece embossed with small circles to punch the circle for my golf ball. Congratulations is from the new hugs and wishes set. This was a fun card to make and its going to make the person who gets it happy- isn't that the whole reason we stamp?

No comments: